The BMW Masters, Betting Preview

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

The BMW Masters, Betting Preview

8 years 3 months ago
From the WSB BLOG > blogs.wsb.co.za/the-bmw-masters-betting-preview/

The Masters Course at the Lake Malaren Golf Club in Shanghai, China plays host to the penultimate Race to Dubai event.

The Course

A par 72 layout the Jack Nicklaus design is flat and exposed to the elements as shown by the high scoring average in the final round last year when the wind was pumping. The winning score in 2013 was also a lot lower than in 2012, mainly due to conditions. There are plenty of bunkers and water hazards and despite the fairways being narrowed in 2013 the course tends to favour the long hitters.

Past Winners

2014 – Marcel Siem -16 *

2013 – Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano -11

2012 – Peter Hanson -21

*Playoff

Betting

Rose 11/2

Stenson 16/1

Grace 17/1

Reed 18/1

Casey 20/1

Willett 20/1

Garcia 25/1

28/1 and better the balance

Selections

Grace 17/1 – each way (paying 5 places)

I was on him last week at 35/1 and was disappointed to see him fade after grabbing the 1st round lead. He would have been disappointed with his finish but is clearly hitting the ball well and was a career best T6 here last year. The price is shorter than last week but I am going to give him another go.

Casey at 20/1 – each way

After a few years in the doldrums he has come back nicely and has had an excellent year finishing 13th in the FedExCup. He is long off the tee, has a good record in Asia and is in good form as well. I think Casey can go all the way this week.

Oosthuizen at 28/1 – each way

The South African appears to be injury free and while he faded out to T44 at the HSBC last week he was well placed at the halfway point. He is proven against quality fields and I just have a feeling that he is going to end this year very strong.

Click here to bet on the BMW Masters

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds