African Betting Clan (we, our or ABC) is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”) and all other applicable data privacy laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Please read this policy to ensure that you fully appreciate the purpose of ABC's processing of your personal information.
Personal information we may collect
We may collect and process the following information:
• Contact information. Your name and email address when you contact us through our website.
• Device/browser information. Detailed information about your device, browser type, IP address, and browsing activity when interacting on our website.
• Community forum information. When you participate in any community forum we operate on our website.
• Account information. When you register an account for access to the ABC community forum, we will capture your name, email address, username, and other security information.
• Other information. Any information you provide to ABC, from time to time if you contact us by email, letter, or telephone, through the ABC website, or any other means.
Our use of personal information
The personal information collected may be used to:
• Provide our community forum and related services that you have requested
• Manage our relationship with you, which may include notifying you about changes to our community forum and services
• Manage the registration process and ongoing administration of the community forum
• Response to questions from you and third parties and inquiries from law enforcement agencies
• Evaluate the usefulness of the advertisements ABC may provide you
• Fulfil our legal responsibilities and contractual commitments; and
• Permit ABC to establish, exercise, or defend our legitimate rights and lawful claims.
Methods of collecting personal information
The ways in which we may obtain and process your personal information include:
• When you communicate with ABC through our website, including completing contact forms and posting to our community forum
• When you communicate with ABC by email, phone, post, and mail
• When you sign up to our community forum
• When you submit feedback on our website and community forum services
• When you communicate with us through any social media platform we may use
• Information ABC may receive from third parties or freely available sources.
Legal basis for processing personal information
ABC will only ever process your personal information where we have a lawful basis that includes the following;
• Consent. Where ABC has requested you to provide unambiguous permission to process your personal information for a specific purpose.
• Legitimate interests. Where ABC relies on our business interests as a purpose for processing, but only if we have a convincing reason and there is negligible effect on your rights and freedoms.
• Legal obligation. Where ABC has a statutory or other legal duty to process the information to comply with applicable legislation.
Sharing personal information
ABC may share personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
• Third parties that support ABC operate our business, including providers of analytics, technology services, marketing, advertising, data storage, and hosting
• Law enforcement agencies and regulators, to meet ABC’s legal responsibilities and process requests or orders received from those bodies
• Courts, legal counsels, or other parties, where required by ABC, and in respect of legal proceedings, claims, and complaints in this context
• Where ABC is sold or merged with another business, we may share the personal information we have collected with our advisers and any potential purchaser’s adviser, and the new owners of the business.
Your confidentially is of the utmost importance to ABC. Your personal information will not be sold to third parties.
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters, including numbers and letters.
You can disable cookies, though this may restrict the functionality of the ABC website.
You should be aware that we may process your personal information for marketing activities, but only if you have explicitly agreed to it. If you choose to receive marketing communications but later want to opt out, you can contact us at
Security of personal information
ABC is committed to ensuring that the personal information you provide to us is protected to prevent any authorised access or disclosure. To this extent, we use suitable technical and organisational measures to ensure we protect your personal information under our supervision.
Our security measures are consistent with the sensitivity of the information being processed, and we regularly evaluate these measures to confirm that they continue to be adequate.
Retention of personal information
Your data will not be processed or retained for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected, which means once the retention period expires and we have no legitimate reason to continue processing or storing your data, it will be deleted.
In certain circumstances, ABC may anonymise your information for research or statistical purposes (meaning it will no longer be associated with you), in which case ABC may use this information indefinitely, without further notice.
Minor’s privacy protection
The ABC website and community forum services are not for people under 18 years of age. We do not deliberately collect, retain, or target information about minors.
Data subject rights and choices
According to POPIA, and other relevant data protection regulations, including the GDPR, you have certain data protection rights, including:
• Your right to ask us to supply copies of personal information we may hold about you.
• Ask that we correct any inaccuracies or complete any incomplete personal data about you.
• Request that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Request that we restrict or suppress the processing of your data.
• Your right to withdraw your consent, where we have requested and gained your consent for processing your information.
• Your right to object to the processing of your personal information, unless we can demonstrate we have a compelling purpose to continue processing.
• Informing us that you wish to opt-out of marketing communications.
Furthermore, you have the right to complain to the Information Regulator where you believe violations of your data protection rights or laws have occurred.
If you wish to make a request to ABC, please see the “Contact us” section for our contact details.
ABC may transfer your information to jurisdictions outside South Africa to provide you with our community forum services most efficiently and effectively. We will only transport your information outside of South Africa where suitable protection is in place to ensure the privacy and security of your information and appropriate security measures followed that observe POPIA and all other applicable data protection laws.
If you are accessing the ABC website and community forum services from a jurisdiction outside South Africa, please note that your information may be transferred outside of the jurisdiction you reside in, following the data transfer process detailed for South African inhabitants.
ABC may change this policy when needed, for example, to comply with legislative changes. You should review this policy regularly to be aware of any changes.